Originally from China, keno is a lottery-like game. It uses rules very similar to those you deal with when playing Lotto. Having a set of certain numbers, the keno game gives you the opportunity to predict whether these numbers will coincide with those that randomly drop out during the game.
While this game seems simple at first glance, we recommend that you study the keno game rules before starting to place real money wagers. Once you understand how it works and learn the basic bet types, you can become a successful keno player – read our guide to improve your skill.
What is Keno and How to Play this Game
Keno is a simple and fun game that can be very profitable if you place real money bets. To better understand the basics of the game, we have highlighted three main elements of the game that you need to know about:
- There are 80 numbers in keno that are drawn at random. Hopper is a special device that draws 20 random numbers. If you are playing the live version of the keno game, you will be dealing with physical numbered balls.
- Your task is to choose at least one number. Players can choose up to 15 numbers at once. The more balls (numbers) you choose, the higher your chances of breaking the pot.
- You can find out whether the selected numbers are winning only during the game. The total amount of the prize is calculated depending on the number of matched balls.
There are several types of keno bets you should consider:
- Straight bet – being the simplest type of bet, it allows players to place wagers on 15 numbers.
- Way bet – choose a group of numbers and then split them into several subgroups called ‘ways’ avoiding duplicate numbers.
- Split bet – this is what is making keno game is so exciting, as players have the opportunity to place bets on several groups of numbers in a single game.
- Combo bet – a combination of Straight and Way bets within one ticket.
- King ticket – the player chooses the King number that should appear in all groups.
Unlike Bingo, Keno requires more player involvement and more decision making.
Best Mobile Apps to Play Keno Game
The world of online casinos continues to change, so it comes as no surprise that many gamblers can play their favorite games on their phone or tablet. We found several online casinos offering the best keno apps:
- 888Casino, which is the unparalleled leader in in global gambling market, offers a good collection of keno games that you can play on the go.
- Uptown Aces is a reliable online casino offering multiple platforms including mobile – you can play tons of keno game variants for free without download or through their app.
- Mansion Casino is another mobile casino worthy of your attention. With its wide selection of keno games, amazing bonuses and fast cashouts, Mansion still has a chance to be your best choice for playing keno on the move.
Before playing keno for real money, try the free version of the game, which is also available to mobile users.